Thursday, July 21, 2011

Babies everywhere!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted!  I've been keeping busy crocheting the whole time, but mostly at work on my breaks.  Once it started getting warm out, I had to start putting time in with yard work.  I was blessed with a beautiful garden when we bought this house, but it seems the previous owner planted so many things in the yard that it has a tendency to get overgrown rather quickly...and the weeds are plentiful!

I'm putting the finishing touches on that yellow blanket that I originally started last August.  I had to put it aside while I made some things for baby Alex, and I didn't get back to it right away.  I'm so glad it's just about finished.  I plan on giving it to a co-worker as a gift for her very first grandchild.  I also made a sweater out of Snuggly Wuggly Baby Yarn that may or may not be Daffodil Dots.  I have to look for the color name in my stash.

And just when I thought I could get back to the throw for my couch that I started what seems like an eternity ago, my boss announced that her daughter was expecting her second child...  And then she found out her daughter-in-law is also expecting her first child.  Since then, we've found out that one of them will be a boy.  In the meantime, I started a sweater using Snuggly Wuggly Baby Pastel Ombre.  The pattern is Bella Bambina's Sweater Coat, but instead of the G hook listed in the pattern, I'm using an H hook in hopes it will come out a little larger.

I have to have the blanket and other sweater finished very soon, since my co-worker's daughter-in-law is scheduled for a C-section at the beginning of August.  I'll try to post pictures of them as soon as I finish up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment