Friday, December 4, 2009

Another sweater

Since the last sweater went so well (see previous post), I thought I would do another sweater and hat for my friends Rusel and Sarah. I made a blanket for them with the same yarn (Red Heart Soft Baby Steps), and I had two skeins left over. I want to make some booties too, so I'll work on those this weekend. I love the buttons. Rus and Sarah have quite a few turtles as pets, so I'm hoping they'll like them, too.

The hat is the same pattern as the previous post as well, but I made it a row longer than the pattern called for. I also wasn't sure about the row where I had to do the front and rear post double crochets. I wasn't sure what that meant, so I kind of winged it (obviously not correctly *g*). I guess because it's a row larger than normal, the bottom kind of cuffed up when I was weaving in the ends. I figured since it's for a baby boy, it looked kind of cool like that, so I'm going to leave it.

Now that I know what I'm doing with these patterns, I'm thinking of making some for charity. I just have to find a good place to donate my items. I would like it to be a local place. I might contact my church's rectory to see if they know of anywhere. I checked the latest bulletin, but there was nothing in there this week. I'm pretty sure I've seen information in a previous bulletin.

In the meantime, I'm working on some presents. One is a really cool scarf. I'll post it here after I give it as a gift. :)

1 comment: