Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Hiatus

I didn't realize exactly how long it's been since I posted.  I finished the sock monkey inspired cocoon I mentioned in my last post.  I also started a Winnie the Pooh inspired blanket that's similar to the sock monkey blanket I posted about awhile back, but I haven't finished that up yet.

I took a break around mid-June to participate in my library's adult summer reading program.  It's the program's second year, and I find that it's a good incentive for me to dig into my ever-growing "to read" list on Goodreads.  Today was the last day, so I'm ready to start crocheting again!

We found out that my sister-in-law's baby is a girl, and I've been asked to be Godmother!  I'm so excited!  I found some cute patterns at  Sandy's Cap Cod Originals on Etsy, and I purchased 2 of them to make for my new niece.  I bought the yarn for both projects over the weekend, and I'll post about them after I try them out.  Both are a little different for me.  One involves a band of Vanna White's Glamour yarn in gold, using 2 strands at once.  I've never crocheted using more than one strand of yarn, so I'm looking forward to trying that.  The other hat uses Reynolds Kids Cottontails yarn, which has been discontinued.  I managed to find some on eBay, so I'm looking forward to trying that too.  It's a yarn I've never used before.

I've also bought quite a few other patterns, including a Thing 1 & Thing 2 hat from Bizee B Boutique on Etsy.    Awhile back, my oldest niece told me that she wanted something that said Thing 1 for her and Thing 2 for her younger sister.  The pattern is for infant up to adult, so I thought this might be the perfect thing for them.  Right now I'm working on a "Thing 3" for my future niece, and I'll do Things 1 & 2 for my other nieces after that.  I'd like to have all three done by the time my newest niece is born this fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment